The Priesthood session typically has key focus for each talk. There is always a talk directed especially for the young men. Another talk focuses about being worth bearers of the priesthood and another about magnifying and honoring the priesthood. Though, the most treasured focus of the priesthood session is turning our hearts again with greater love, appreciation and conviction to the women in our lives who have given so much for us. Mothers and wives are honored throughout the priesthood session as our leaders teach, remind, caution and, where necessary, correct the priesthood bearers with respects to the love and cherishing of our Father's daughters.
Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles gave the first talk of this evening. The second half of his time was focused on this very topic of the women in our lives. He challenged the brethren to more regularly and more emphatically express our love and appreciation for mothers and wives. He cautioned that the women of the church in all of their compassion to help others often take on more than they can possibly accomplish, even with the help of the Lord. In spite of all the wonderful feats they do accomplish, they still wish they could do more. For this reason, we are challenged to make certain we fully express our sincere appreciation for great blessings they are in our lives.I personally felt this challenge was one step further for me recognizing that in addition to my mother, there have been so many wonderful women throughout my life that have influenced, encouraged and inspired me in so many ways. I have such an extensive family with grandmothers and great-grandmothers, Aunts, cousins, my sister, sister-in-laws and step sisters. I have made so many wonderful friendships in recent months and past years that have challenged me to keep myself unspotted from the world and to achieve my dreams. In some fashion or another, every woman with whom I have come in contact has helped me along my way. And there are those that despite our separate paths in life, will always be dear for the example they set and the expectations they have of me.
So you see, sharing my appreciation for all of these women is quite a daunting task, so I have devised a plan. First, I dedicate a small devotional on my meager blog so I can at least get my thoughts out there somewhere. Second, I will honor womanhood openly, through my actions toward any and all women I meet recognizing that regardless of the circumstance in which we might meet, as daughters of our Heavenly Father they are something wonderful and exquisite. And third, I will let the men with whom I associate know that I have equal expectations of them.
To all the women in the world who make those regular sacrifices, know that they are seen and appreciated, even thought not always directly expressed. I will always remember the dearest letter a Sunday school teacher wrote me in appreciation for a testimony I bore in which I reiterated the simple teaching of one of her lessons. It did not occur to me until that moment that our poor teacher had no idea that she was even reaching us, let alone deeply impacting and changing our lives. There are those who do recognize great worth of womanhood and though at times you may feel inadequate or even that you have failed, you are really achieving much more than you think. For those daily efforts you make, you are greatly and sincerely appreciated by many.

3 comments:
Am I biased if this is my favorite post EVER? :)
Thanks, man.
Mandy
I am touched.
This was such a beautiful and touching post and I am glad you feel that way about women! Your the best :)
Post a Comment