We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog for this important news update...
I just bought my first diamond!!!
So, it was not too impressive. It was set in 14k and really dirty so it was hard to get a good grade on it. From what I could see it was .98 , J, SI1, Very Good, Brilliant. I have not been trained in buying diamonds, I have only over heard other buyers being trained so I thought this would be a good time to go to my boss and show off what I know. I went to the office and told him what I knew about the diamond and what I thought the price should be. He went over several things with me and drilled me about buying diamonds. At the end I asked if he wanted to look at the diamond and give the woman a price so I could compare my price to his to practice without chancing losing big on it. He laughed and said, "This is your deal. Not mine."
And sure enough, she sold. It seemed a little easy, so I am a little worried. However, the boss has not called me back to talk to me about it so I think it was an average deal in the end.
Diamonds are so pretty and sparkly. I had a friend while I was living in Florida who sold diamonds. I think this is way cooler!
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programing.
16 years ago

3 comments:
you make me smile!!
Congrats! That is awesome news and very fun! it sounds like you were blessed with a job you love!
You know Emily, I never really thought about it. I am really good about enjoying my jobs no matter how brutal they may be. However, since flying, this has been the only job I enjoy automatically. Who would have thought one could have both, a job the one enjoys and that pays the comforts and necessities of life?
Post a Comment