Oh, and Devon, if you read this, Jonathan and I are in Kansas, MO!
I do not know what lead me to these trains of thought, but I am having a lot of fun watching how small choices can take me from normalcy to complete insanity. Take this example.
Since running into my old scout master, Bro. Packard (see Dominoes), I have decided to become more social in the YSA scene. It has been good for my sanity as well as for helping Jonathan understand the "Singles" scene before he gets thrust into it after the mish and keeping himself focused on serving.
At FHE there was talk about some party that Saturday - last night. I knew I would be home so I had no excuses to say 'no' when Josh asked if I was going. That commitement resulted in the follow - best explained in time line format.
6:10 - I finished with my last customer (I love being a buyer). We then rushed as fast as we could to pack and load.
7:40 - Trailor is loaded and headed for the office (20min away)
7:50 - Jonathan and I are almost packed to meet up with the team at the office to help unlaod. My Home Teacher companion, Jose, calls to let me know he finally got a hold of our other family. Being the last day of the month I let him know that I would be available all night, 11:59 is needs be to make sure we get a chance to meet that night.
8:00 - Jose calls me back. We are on for 8:45pm.
8:15 - Leave office for home
8:30 - arrive at home, change shirts (white shirt, tie and jeans), Jonathan throws our darks in the wash, I get direction to the party, out the door by 8:40
8:50 - Arrive for Home Teachers' visit.
9:40 - Finsih visit and head to the party.
10:30 - Arrive at party. Yeah, it was a bit out there. Just before arriving the thought settled in, "I've been extremely busy at work all day, then I rushed to pack, load and unload. Then it was a rush to the Home Teachers visit and now a rush to the party. I last showered last night. Hmmm."
10:55 - "Oh, that's me I'm starting to smell. Dang it!" I proceeded to do only that which any other person in my shoes would do. I went for an available bathroom - this time a powder room. I then sink-showered my armpits. Unsatisfied with the first results, I tried a second and third time before I was convinced I had controlled the smell. I was still worried, but then noticed there were tooth brushes at the sink. "Someone uses this powder room. There has to be deoderant." No dice. I began exploring the HUGE house for another restoom. "Score!" And this time there was deoderant. So yes, in sheer desperation, I grabbed some unknown man's deoderant and began to apply. The funniest part, I was worried the owner might notice. I made a mental note of how much was exposed. It was a "clicking type" so after the first click I kept applying until it was at the same level. It was pretty well caked on.
16 years ago

1 comment:
That is so funny... :) haha!
Post a Comment