There are many reasons why I am sad about leaving LA. One of those is that I have finally reached that point in my job where all I have to do is show up and some how all my work gets done. It seems like when I punch in I'm initiating an autopilot. Before I know it, I'm at the end of the day and my inbox has either stayed the same or shrunk. Honestly, now it is only shrinking. Come the weekend I can actually enjoy myself without dreading Monday as early as Friday night.
With every con there is always a pro. Life’s recent series of events has provided me with a fantastic opportunity to press the hard reset button on life. I have been given the chance to take a good long hard look at where I am and where I would like to be. I continue to play out many career opportunities that lie before me; one of the greatest blessings I have at this time is that I still have endless doors open to me and I can choice to pursue any career I want. I now know many people who are very senior various professions and enjoy their advice and invaluable insight. They are each equally enthusiastic about their professions and the quality of life it allows them to enjoy; it is encouraging to see people who are really enthralled by their careers and the lives they lead.
All of this self-evaluation, or self-exploration if you would, coupled with the right amount of external information has driven me to pursue a degree in economics. While I believe that banking would be a great fit for me, I think I would be happiest working in a large multi national corporation handling investments through international currency exchange. Now then, I clearly cannot not mark the exact position I wish to achieve because life is not that predictable, but working within this realm would be exciting for me. Though, Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve would be way awesome! (Maybe I should catch up on my Objectivism on the way. It did not seem to hurt Alan Greenspan too badly).
16 years ago

2 comments:
Economics sounds cool! I am glad your thinking about all your options. Moving is awesome and gives one such perspective!
So I am sad your leaving too! I think its funny we have so many ways of being able to communicate, blogging, texting, phone, facebook and email. Not to mention the favorite way of seeing each other in person!
Post a Comment