Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I am in Love with MO

NO! Not "Moe." MO, as in Kansas City MO-ssouri. The weather is cool to cold. They have cloud formations that are not cumuliform, and even some that are not suffixed with –nimbus. They also have this thing called Fall. Some people may have heard of it. I never did in Dallas, Orlando, Guadalajara or Los Angeles. Instead of the trees turning green and brown they have these other brilliant colors of red, amber, and orange. Folks here are not quite as open as those in Austin, but they do worm up very quickly and then they are comparable.

Aunt Devon, I cannot believe you and your family have been keeping this a secret for all these years. You have got to let me visit some time. Come to think of it, the only time I have ever visited you in Missouri was when I was maybe 8. I remember doing some cave exploration and taking a small pontoon boat out. Wait. I also broke your lamp throwing a football in the house with Uncle Kevin. You also had a stair case and I can imagine I caused trouble with that as well. Ohhh... That explain the "only time" part. But I promise I have been reformed.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am glad your having fun! Tennessee has trees like that as well. Which is why I am sad that I am missing my favorite time of year there.

Devon said...

You are always very welcome to come to MO. WHEN ARE YOU COMING? I had forgotten you were the one that broke the lamp!